Sunday, October 11, 2009

Coaching with Snow

I don't do coachings to often cause they give you so much information I want to give myself time to abosorb the information they give me before getting more. I recently had a wonderful coaching with Snow. Here's a short bio on her to show how talented she is.
"Snow Urbin was born in Siberia, Russia and is a dancer and choreographer. She specializes in Latin and ballroom dancing and began competing at the age of five. She won the Russian Juvenile Junior in ballroom and Latin. In America, she met Maksim Chmerkovskiy. The two became dance partners. Snow is known for her unique and dynamic fusion of styles, and she has appeared in music videos with Madonna and Shakira. She was on Season 1 of FOX's So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With The Stars."
We worked on both Foxtrot and Tango. We improved my frame and conection. These are both smooth dances but don't think because they are not Latin they don't get you breathing hard. So to go along with that we worked on breathing. Using the diaphram instead of expanding the chest cause that actually changes your frame.
The other big thing we worked on was continuity of movement. Meaning not pausing between steps as you put them together, make it more fluid. You don't pause between sentances when speaking so it's the same with dancing.
I really got a lot out of her instruction and I'm deffinatly going to put her down for a coach I'd love to work with again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun, Nathan! A lot of students love having coachings with Snow.

    ReplyDelete