Monday, November 16, 2009

Delayed updates

Well hard to tell how many people read this but as you have already noticed I haven't made any updates in awhile. Nothing major has happened that has made me want to want to write. But there have been a lot of small things that I can tell you about.
Right now I'm working on my bronze 2 steps in my major 6 dances. I'm also planning on checking out of bronze 1 in the other 4 so I can do a full bronze 1 graduation by the time Medal Ball comes around in Feb. Medal Ball is the yearly graduation event and I don't think it will be difficult to do it by then.
There has been a little more shuffling of staff between the Plano and Dallas studios. I'm still working with Adriann and now my alt teacher is Ashley. She's a lot like Adriann in her personality and style. Ashely likes to keep it fun while still keeping it technical. I'm very lucky to have 2 instructors that fit my learning style so well.
I went to a Tango variations class last week. There are school figures and then they have variations off those figures. You check out of the figures but you learn the variations to give you more options and style to your dance. The Tango steps we did were pretty fun. The more I do Tango the more I like it. I think the next major routine we develope I am going to have it be a Tango.
It's about 2 or 3 weeks till my 1 year anniversary with the studio and I'm really proud about that. I've learned so much and looking forward to all I will be learning.
Well thats all I can think of to update you all on for now. Remember to keep dancing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nathan! That is so great that you get to work with Ashley too! She's a great teacher! She's also very technical, which I know is important to you, but she also knows how to keep it fun. I'm glad to hear you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all your updates and I enjoy finding out how you are doing. Mom

    ReplyDelete