Thursday, April 22, 2010

coaching w/Eugene Katsevman

Had a coaching lesson at dance with world champion Eugene Katsevman tonight. As some of you know I can think to much, but dancing really helps me unwind from work and be in the moment. Tonight we brought it back to basics of foot timing. Just think about one thing. If I'm thinking about to many things then nothing is good, so don't focus on posture or smiling or anything else. If I'm not on the beat or have the rhythm of the dance then nothing else will look right. Hearing the 1 beat and listening for the 4 measure progression how it repeats. And how that can lead into the musicality of my dancing, not just the timing but accenting more powerful bars and softening others. Breathe, listen, feel, then dance.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete