Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Amateur couple preperation

So the next local event coming up is "Dance Festival" which is a freestyle event. I went to this one last year also. I'm not going to be doing to much but I am going. It's always good to get experience like this and some judges critiques. They have a portion of the event where you compete with the other couples on the floor. There is a section where its you and your teacher like the rest of the event and then the amateur couple portion is 2 students dancing together. I am interested in doing this as its a big test of my ability to lead and not have my teacher compensate. And its just a fun challenge.
Lisa-Marie is a newer student that's been going for about 4 or 5 months now. I asked if she'd be interested and she really liked the idea. She's talented and picks things up quick. We had our first combined private lesson tonight with Adriann to get us ready for the event. Adriann has set up some choreographed steps so we can put some real flavor of the dance into it and stand out against the other couples. It was a great session working on Mambo which will be 1 of the 2 dances we will do. I've danced with Lisa-Marie socially but its different doing ballroom with her but it will be fun too. I think this is really going to improve our dancing as individuals also. Plus it will be nice to have someone we each can go to if we want to practice with on different things after the event also.

No comments:

Post a Comment