Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Party

Well all 3 local Arthur Murray studio's got together to have there annual Holiday party. Short drive for me as it was held in Plano this year. They made it a lunch this time from about noon to 3pm. I would have prefered a dinner like last year cause I was all dressed up and nothing to do after it was done. But it was a great time. Last year I'd only been dancing about a month before the party. This time I was really able to get into it. My confidence in my dancing allowed me to ask girls to dance during the social dancing. Especially those newcomers that weren't so sure about getting out there.
The best thing I like about this and other events the dance studio holds is the ability to dress up and socialize. When I was in the Air Force the squadron would hold annual Christmas parties with dinner and dancing. When I got out the civilian world just really doesn't do that kind of thing. It's also fun to exchange little gifts and cards.
Next big event is Medal Ball, the yearly Graduation in Feb. I should be able to check out of Bronze 1 level with Honors like I think I mentioned before. That means knowing the Bronze 1 steps for 10 dances. And I might be able to check out of my major 6 in Bronze 2.
Well thats it for now. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you and I hope you all get to dance in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment