Thursday, March 5, 2009

Medal Ball

2/27/09
Gerald, a friend I got addicted to dance, and I went to the first big event of the year called Medal Ball. All 3 of the local studios Ft. Worth, Dallas and Plano attended at Renaissance Worthington Hotel Ft. Worth Texas. I got off a little late and with the travel time we got there into the dinner. It was a great dinner with a fantastic lemon cake. The Medal Ball is kind of a yearly graduation and to show off of what level you have attained. The theme was Mattel toys, had a lot of Barbie’s, Ken’s and G.I. Joe’s, but a mix of a few other things. I did a tuxedo look and played it off as James Bond. Everyone got to dance a dance at the level they were at, I did a Foxtrot for my Pre Bronze 1 level. I got my first certificate of achievement. Hopefully I’ll be able to do my full Bronze 1 check out with in 1 or 2 months. It was a great night, everyone dressed up and in a great location. This kind of night there is nothing else besides the event to think about. There was social dancing between the graduation dances which was fun, danced with several of my teachers and a few of my fellow students. There were also various choreographed numbers done by teachers from the different schools. I’ll admit to being completely biased for my own studio but seriously my favorite was routine was “Be our Guest” from “Beauty and the Beast” by Adriann & Nathan from the Plano studio and then the professional routine by the Plano studio was my favorites of the whole night.
I succeeded in one of my goals for the night set down by Tiffany, to ask someone from another studio to dance. Out of my comfort zone but I did force myself to do it.
Check out all the pictures by Gerald. He’s staring to be a dancer and the studio photographer also. All in all a wonderful night that is only the start of the Dance year.

No comments:

Post a Comment