Thursday, March 5, 2009

I just started this site but I've been keeping some thoughts down for a bit so here is the stuff I had before I started the Blog.
2/23/09
I went to the newcomers class and the group class that was Swing tonight. They were both good classes. The newcomers class was quite full and Lara always makes things fun in her own sexy way. I had my private lesson after. Worked on changing my spotlight performance into a Merengue this time. Took some time to adjust, had to remember to step “down” into my steps with Cuban motion and not bounce like swing. There are a lot of similarities in dance but they all have the distinctive style that you need to bring to it. Learning that is what really makes you learn that dance, not just the steps but I guess the flavor or the style of it. Cause a lot of the dance you can interchange the steps back and forth. This came out again when we were doing Tango later on. I felt we made some good progress on my Tango. It’s a very aggressive dance obviously. I’ve had to change the way I think about some things. It’s a very close dance with the woman physically, walking straight through her legs and forward with the chest. And going back to what I was saying before the Tango has a promenade in it like the Foxtrot but its very staccato, very distinct movements instead of flowing. I’m really liking the Tango the more I do it. It’s a great mix of the smooth and Latin dances.
I also got a great glimpse in to some bubbling ideas that my instructors are having concerning my solo’s for Rock-a-rama. It gets me excited to see them so excited about what they are planning. And although I teased them about it I really do trust them completely to plan something I can do but still push me. Adrianne especially was excited when she realized I will be into Bronze 2 level by then and that for solo’s they can put in moves from 1 level above so we can set up a routine that has Bronze 3 steps in it. The Look on her face was great, you could imagine the light going on when she realized it. So I’m looking forward to a fun, complicated, ‘blow every body away’ routine. With Adriann I’m doing a mix of cha-cha, rumba, foxtrot and anything else that goes with music of ‘Canned Heat’ by Jamiroquai. With Tiffany I told her lets do a swing and that she could pick anything she wanted for the music (the opposite of what I did with Adriann). I owed her a swing number after promising it to her back at the Christmas ball when I showed up in my zoot suit. So she picked ‘Pump it’ by Black Eyed Peas. It’s a song that’s in my music library and that’s got a great beat. Looking forward to seeing what they are going to be coming up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment