Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Tango Revelations

Very full night, rushed from work to do my private lesson at 6:45 then new comers class and the Bronze 1 group salsa class then came home and watched the opening show to Dancing with the stars season 8.
Had my lesson with Adriann, we started with a basic review of the school steps for Bronze 1 for my top 6 dances to see how close I am to checking out of them. Then we got right into doing some more work on the Tango. I love how both Tiffany and Adriann can find where I need adjustment on something or explain to me how something is supposed to work and we can fix it immediately and see improvement. It’s such a cool feeling to see improvement right away. And that happened several times tonight. If they can show me where I need to adjust something then I’ll change it right away.
Ok I didn’t have it wrong before but there were a lot of things Adriann started adding tonight that both made it easier and more complicated. With the Tango you’re very physically connected with your partner in the legs and the hip but we went over the fact you actually lean your upper body back a little, that you lead with your hips which gives the girl her indication on what you are doing. And if I can get the right connection I don’t need to worry about stepping on her, that I should just walk straight through. Then we went over starting to rotate the movements which was a little like the magic left turn from Foxtrot, a cool movement but will need more practice as there’s a lot to put together to make it work. She mentioned I can come down and just practice at the studio if there is room. That I should make use of the mirrors and watch myself. I’ve have practiced on the floor after class but really never watched myself but it’s a good tool to take advantage of. Tango is a complicated dance but I like it, there is a difference between hard and challenging and I like this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment