Saturday, March 7, 2009

Luck of the Irish spotlight

Yesterday there was another spotlight party this time “Luck of the Irish”, do you know how hard it is to find a decent green shirt? I went to 5 or 6 places with no luck. I settled for a green tie. I was going to do the same routine we were doing before to the Merengue like I was saying in a previous entry but we didn’t get enough practice on it. So Tiffany and I decided to do an improv performance. Besides the opening it was all lead and follow of steps I knew. It was such a good feeling to be able to just do the dance naturally and have it flow. Tiffany said it was the best one yet. I think that’s cause I was relaxed and not worried about remembering the steps
I disappointed Tiffany a little as I didn’t dance the last dance. It was a Hustle and I’m not very comfortable with it. But I’ve told both my teachers I don’t want to be just good, I want to be great. I have an extreme desire to know more and more. It’s why I go to as many of the group classes as I can. I enjoy how they push me, I’ve told them to. She is right thou I shouldn’t sit out a dance, don’t waste and opportunity to practice. Change is difficult but I’m going to, and as Tiffany said “I’m going to pull you out of that shell and throw the shell away”

1 comment: